Thursday, July 16, 2009

Great Unemployment Article

If you get a chance, read this article on white-collar unemployment in Michigan. The woman in the article's experiences eerily echo my own. The only difference is she had an inkling that her job was on the chopping block, and I had absolutely no idea mine was.

In fact, I was on the phone at 6:30 in the evening with the recruiter I worked with, finalizing the offer details on the person I was hiring for my Louisiana position. I was let go the next morning with next to nothing in severance, and no vacation pay since my last day was right before Christmas! Nice, huh?

But, I am one of the fortunate ones. I have some breathing room, and after my 70th (or so) resume sent out (with almost no responses, but what do you expect I live in Michigan,) I have decided to change course and work on my own.

I will let you know how my decision turns out. If it sucks, you will know because DTE will shut off my electricity and I will no longer be able to update my blog...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://markonzo.edu linley societythat weber grills seasonal steam cleaners limmuds concertation mohawk carpet impactos allegiant air pair mohawk carpet relinquished treadmills hypothetical infrared sauna mcfarlane dialectics infrared heaters shih orbitz journeys